Running, yoga, Pilates and cardio machines; every woman has tried to do at least one of these.
You know another thing that all women should try?
Sadly, there are many rumors born out of misinformation and ignorance that keep women from trying one of the best forms of exercise for weight loss and fitness. These rumors are so persistent you’ve probably heard all of them:
- Weightlifting will make you bulky
- Weightlifting will destroy your joints
- Muscle turns to fat once you stop working out
- Weightlifting is a man’s sport
Weightlifting can not only help you achieve your fitness goals but it can give you a stronger, healthier body which will improve just about every facet of your life. Kayla Itsines’ Workout Plan is the best plan to follow for what you are looking for!
Strength Training Boosts Your Metabolism
Muscle needs energy; a lot of it. The more muscle you have the more energy your body needs.
This can mean different things depending on the person.
- If you’re trying to lose weight, this will speed up the process as muscle will help you lose fat faster.
- If you’re not interested in losing weight, this will allow you to eat more, which is always a plus in every woman’s book.
In simple words, building muscles can help you ‘boost’ your metabolism, making it easier to reach your fitness goals.
Strength Training Boosts Your Self Esteem
Forget for a moment that putting on some muscle will help you look better. Strength training will actually make you feel better; as it can help you achieve a whole new level of independence.
No one around to help you unscrew a lid, move the furniture, carry the groceries? No problem. You and your new “guns” have it covered.
Weightlifting Does NOT Make You Bulky
The fear of getting bulky is the biggest reason women shy away from weight lifting, which is a true shame because most women simply don’t have the ability to put on muscle the same way as men do.
- Muscle is denser than fat: A pound of fat is much larger than a pound of muscle, volume wise, so if you’re overweight strength training will actually help you look leaner.
- Bodybuilding is really hard: Ask any man you see at the gym. Being able to be ‘big and muscular’ doesn’t just happen. Bodybuilders need special diets, special training and special supplements to bulk up and gain huge muscles. Do you really think you’ll end up looking like them if you lift weights a couple of times a week?
- Women are built differently than men: For the most part, women find it harder to build muscle. It’s just how it is. We produce just a fraction of testosterone, which aids in muscle development, so looking ‘mannish’ really isn’t something you should worry about.
The bottom-line is that weightlifting will make you stronger but it will not make you look bulky unless you actually work towards that goal.
Weightlifting Benefits More Than Your Muscles
The benefits of strength training go far beyond fat loss and an awesome booty. Studies have shown that weightlifting can help you improve your:
- Bone Density: It can reduce your risk for osteoporosis later in life or increase your bone density after menopause.
- Heart Health: Weight lifting has been shown to help reduce high blood pressure, elevated glucose levels and even reduce the risk of most kinds of heart disease.
- Elevate Energy Levels: While strength training can be tiring work, it can also help you gain energy through the day. Studies have shown that resistance training can improve your energy expenditure levels, thus giving you energy even once your workout is over.
Do you know the best thing about resistance training, though? You don’t need to start pumping iron right away.
I get it; the weight room can be intimidating even when it’s empty. The equipment can be a mystery for newcomers and there’s an actual technique involved when it comes to lifting free weights.
The good news is that you can start getting familiar with resistance training from the comfort of your home if you so please using no other equipment than your own body weight.
If buying equipment is not a problem, you can always get started with some kettlebells, which are very versatile weights that will allow you to perform a huge amount of exercises without taking up too much space.
Weightlifting is for everyone and it’s a wonderful tool to get a fantastic bikini body so don’t be afraid of trying it! Your body will thank you.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $194.04Was: $200.00
- Price: $41.96Was: $44.95
- Price: $35.97Was: $39.97
- Price: $40.83Was: $52.00
- Price: $15.99Was: $24.59