While strong and muscular legs are pertinent, a well toned upper body is equally important for your body. Each of us has different goals, but we all carry the same objective – growth. Of course, there are many trainers out there who lift heavy weights and train their bodies as they get paid to workout, thanks to the sponsorship or attractive contracts with the media.
For the majority of us, however, we fit the gym into our lives. We got to draw a work-life balance while including training sessions into our daily schedules. Hence, it is pivotal to ensure that our time at the gym is well spent.
In this article, we put forward a few exercises targeting upper body. Below mentioned is an upper body strength training routine that you must follow in crafting a strong and attractive upper body.
Firstly, read the instructions!
- While doing the workouts, focus on breathing.
- Perform two to three sets of 12-15 reps of each exercise.
- Ensure you take a break of 15 to 20 seconds in between each rep.
- Be safety conscious while training.
- Keep yourself clean. Take showers before and after the session. Shower only with the antibacterial body soap. Your body soap or body wash should be made from natural ingredients only. Get the facts right on your preferred antibacterial soap!
- Don’t forget to warm up with 5 to 7 minutes of cardio.
- Always stretch and cool down with easy stretching exercises.
Since the instructions are out of the way, let’s get started with exercises to help you build a stronger upper body.
With the help of a sturdy flat bench, you need to lie down on it while carrying a weight in each of your hands. Your knees should be maintained in the air at about a 90 degree angle. Exhale while you slowly raise each weight about your chest. When your elbows are straight, turn your palms inward and continue to straighten the elbows until the weights and palm face each other. Inhale while spreading the weights apart and rotate palms forward, to return to the start position.
Repeat this set twice, 15 reps each.