Weight loss surgery is dangerous and people are forgetting about this because so many people have the procedure done. Unfortunately, this is posing significant dangers. It is also important to understand that we live in a society where everybody is out to get rich. This means that we may feel as if we have a measure of free will, but we live in what Frank Zappa used to call ‘the illusion of freedom’. But what does all of this have to do with weight loss surgery and the obesity pandemic? Let’s take a closer look.
We are told all the time that obesity is killing us and that we must change. Yet, year on year, the numbers of weight loss surgery procedures performed, the number of people who are overweight and obese and the money spent on weight loss products is rising. This means that something isn’t working. Some suggest it is Zappa’s illusion of freedom that is at the root cause. This is because:
- Food manufacturers want to create products that we will buy. After all, that is how they make their money. To do so, their products have to be cheap to make as well, so that they can maximize profits. Making something truly healthy is, by capitalist manufacturers’ standards, expensive. It is far cheaper to use low quality, genetically modified ingredients, preferably with some addictive compounds, and market them as ‘health products’ or even ‘diet products’.
- Around 90% of research done into weight loss is commissioned by food manufacturers. As a result, any information they release is biased.
- The weight loss industry, responsible for the creation of products such as weight loss pills, fitness products, diet books and more are making billions a year. It is in their interest to keep us fat.
- The pharmaceutical industry is the largest industry in the world and many people say that their goal is not to create cures, but rather to create customers. When considering the Reshape balloon surgery cost, for instance, it seems that there is some truth in the idea that there isn’t a philanthropic bone in the body of the pharmaceutical industry.
What Can Be Done?
Unfortunately, there is quite literally nothing that you can do. This is exactly what the illusion of freedom is. You may think that you can choose different weight loss products, but you can’t because they are all really the same. You may think you can choose a different type of weight loss surgery, but you can’t because only very few are FDA approved. You may think you can eat a healthy diet, but you can’t because you don’t know what is in your food.
It paints a pretty bleak picture, but the reality is that our society works in that way. The only thing you can do is know that you will die a much younger death if you don’t lose weight. If that means that you have to be a ‘good consumer’ and undergo weight loss surgery, so be it.
Products from Amazon.com
- Old School Labs Vintage Burn Thermogenic Fat Burner Weight Loss Supplement - 120 Natural Veggie PillsPrice: $49.99Was: $79.99
This article is intended for your general knowledge only, Learn More.