The benefits of the ancient practice of yoga are well-documented. Yoga is an excellent way to reduce stress, regulate blood pressure, manage or prevent diabetes, to improve heart health, but its positive impact on your body doesn’t stop there. A study from the Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine found that yoga is an appropriate and successful intervention for weight maintenance, prevention of obesity, and risk reduction of obesity-related diseases. But here’s the pleasant twist, yoga doesn’t only help you lose weight, but it also tones your body. Isn’t that amazing? Since everyone wants to have a sexy and toned body, this article will demonstrate five easy yoga poses you can achieve that goal.
(Image by Today-News)
This is the easiest yoga pose you can do, but it comes with a lot of benefits. Mountain pose is one of the proper posture, but it also strengthens and tones your abdominal muscles, arms, knees, ankles, and thighs. It’s particularly beneficial for beginners and women who want to try yoga but aren’t ready to start with difficult postures. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand up straight with spine erect and feet together
- Hands should be along your side, and palms face the thighs
- Inhale deeply lifting your hands atop the head
- Allow your palms to join similar to a greeting gesture
- Stretch as much as you can
- Tilt the head backward and look upward i.e. focus on your fingertips
- Hold the pose until you take five deep breaths
- Exhale slowly and return to the starting position
To mix things up, you can stand on your toes once you get used to doing this. If uncertain you’ll perform correctly, you can just repeat what people in YouTube videos do.
Watch the video to see how it’s done.
This article is intended for your general knowledge only, Learn More.