After a day of school, it may be welcome to relax a bit and release tension for a fun evening with family! You probably know that yoga is an excellent way to remove bodily and mental tensions s, so… for adults but children too!
And If we made yoga a kind of game? With postures whose, evocative names will entertain your kids? According to Christophe Andre, “Meditation is not an activity imposed more parents too anxious to do well with the kids already overbooked, but a gift they will use throughout their lives.” Why?
Because the benefits of meditation and yoga for children are many and recognized but also and mainly because a family practice allows you to share an accomplice activity and further develop the attachment bond that unites you.
Here are some tips for setting up your sitting at home:
- You can start yoga with your child from 3 years by focusing on exercises fun: imitating animals, awareness of breathing using a pen or a ball. From 6/7 years, you can begin to identify the postures even if imaginary can remain an important part of your sessions.
- If your child seems not very attentive, do not put into question your transmission capacity, agree that it is just as well that the meeting is today, at this moment.
- Prepare your meeting in advance by choosing the postures and exercises that you will propose.
- Accept that some practices do not appeal to your child, that each session varies and that the effects differ from one session to another.
- Prefer a short session (10 minutes better every day for two hours once a year)
- Please put some soft music to immerse you in the mood,
- Let go decision for the meeting was a time of sharing the fun. Do not take yourself too seriously!
- Each session plan:
– Refocusing time
In Practice: Sit back while sitting. Center a few moments on your breathing and good warm your hands by rubbing the palms against each other to make them nice and warm and place them on top of the head, the eye area, neck and massage shoulders, lower back, knees. Concentrate on feeling the heat, and when you remove your hands on the cooling sensation. If everyone yawns: you win!
– A breath of time.
In practice: Imagine that you pick a flower and you bring it close to your nose. Breathe long and gently fragrance through the nose and exhaling through the mouth to spread it all around you.
– A time movements.
In practice: these are some of our favorite postures! Fans: While standing, feet width apart basin, inhale, raise your arms in front of you tight, hold your breath and shake the wrists as if you wanted to get rid of sticky paper,
Blow and release the long arm of the body.
Perform this exercise 3 times with the intention of sending you away from whatever is bothering you. Take pause time to observe your bodily sensations.
The cat: fours, exhale gradually rounding the back of the basin to the top of the head (although released head between the arms) then inhale digging back, vertebra by vertebra, from the top of the skull to the pelvis. Make 3-6 deep breaths in each position.
Dog upside down: Put yourself on all fours, lift your buttocks toward the sky, the well-released head between the arms. The body forms an inverted V.
Make 3-6 deep abdominal breaths in this position.
Do not hesitate to bend the knees so that you can extend well back.
– A relaxation time.
In Practice: Sit lying on his back, legs lifted against the wall. The back is perfectly straight and relaxed, head in the axis of the column and the chin slightly tucked.
Spread the arms bust of ten centimeters, palms facing the sky to release shoulders.
Observe abdominal breathing will develop spontaneously in this posture. The belly swells and deflates the rhythm of breath.
Let the quiet settle and make yourself listen to your tingling, tingling or warmth in the feet, legs, chest, throat, face down.
To get out of this posture: bring your knee on the belly and hug them, rock you from side to side to massage your back on the mat and drop down on the one hand in a fetal position, knees raised them well. Breathe out for a while before coming straighten you through the side to protect your back.
- Always have a moment of meditation just for you before starting a session with your child.
In Practice: Sit back and observe a moment your breathing settle. Feel the stomach that rises to inspiration and decreases to the expiration or fresh air entering your nostrils on inspiration and spring warmed by its passage through the lungs to exhale. Do this exercise for at least one minute trying to relax a little more your body tension with each exhalation. If thoughts come, let them pass like clouds in the sky and always return to observing your breath.
- And above all permanently keep in mind that yoga hurts, is a poorly done yoga: never go beyond the capabilities of your body and ask your child to take care of him and not to force.
- Take time between each movement to observe your body react, center your attention to bodily sensations: tingling, tingling, heaviness or lightness of feel.
- To end your session, you can be depending on the age and envy your child.
I wish you beautiful full sessions of laughter, shared joy, and complicity.
Pulkit thakur started his career as an health consultant at an early age beginning in the area of health .He is an expert in the area of developing strategies for health .He provides thought leadership and pursues strategies for engagements with the senior executives on Innovation in health and Technology he presently works for www.healthwhoop.com as The Head of the health consultancy. Facebook, Twitter, Ezinearticles, LinkedIn.
This article is intended for your general knowledge only, Learn More.