Are you fed up of trying those over the counter slim-down products and now looking for much healthy and natural ways of losing weight? If yes, then we would recommend you to follow a healthy diet plan along with physical exercises to get real weight-loss results. Here we have a list of some foods to eat when losing weight:
- Fiber rich cereal: eating a bowl of fiber rich cereal like oatmeal or cornflakes for breakfast keeps you full for long. Starting your day with a fibrous meal will not only keep your hunger at bay, but will also help in improving your digestion. A healthy digestive system will make you feel fresh and energized throughout the day and will also promote a healthy weight loss.
- Cinnamon: cinnamon is a sweet spice that is used to add flavour to your breakfast cereal or salad or typically any bland meal. This spice, besides making your meal delicious, also boosts your metabolism, which allows for a faster consumption of calories. This way, those calories do not get stored in form of fats in your body to increase weight. The presence of antioxidants in this spice helps in eliminating the free radicals from the cells. Cinnamon is also known for managing the insulin level in body and hence is brilliant for those affected by diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Green tea: Green tea should also be a part of your diet plan for losing weight. It is not the caffeine, but the antioxidant named catechin it contains allows for a loss of weight. Since this beverage comprises of a lesser amount of caffeine, you can drink it as often as you want and feel light and refreshed. The thermogenic properties of green tea help in food consumption at a much faster rate, giving no time for them to be accumulated in different body parts. An additional benefit of drinking green tea is that this beverage keeps your heart healthy as it lowers the bad cholesterol (LDL) level. In order to make it a more effective diet to lose weight, you can add a pinch of cinnamon powder to it and enjoy the yummy taste.
- Nuts: you might be surprised to see ‘nuts’ in the weight loss diet plan. But, including nuts in your diet will help you drop weight in a very healthy manner. You may wonder how nuts like cashews, almonds, walnuts, hazelnut, pecan, pistachio and others help in shedding weight, as these contain fats. Well, undoubtedly these contain fats as their primary content, but this (unsaturated) fat content is beneficial to the body in increasing the metabolic rate and thus you lose weight. Nuts are also rich in fiber which induces a satiety effect in the body and you do not feel hungry for long. Because of the low-glycemic load of nuts, the blood sugar levels also remain stable.
- Salad: including a plate of salad for your lunch is a sensible strategy to lose weight. Salad mainly includes raw fruits and vegetables. However a salad meal can be made delicious by incorporating fresh and nutritious ingredients like grilled skinless chicken breast, soybeans or fat-free cheese, nuts and beans. Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce and others that are high in dietary fiber must be included in your salad meal.
Including these healthy foods in your diet plan for losing weight will definitely give you healthy and efficient results, while also providing with additional health benefits.
This article is intended for your general knowledge only, Learn More.