Do you constantly search for new ways to nourish your skin? Nourished skin isn’t just about appearance; it is a sign of good health. Now when summer is here, you have to step up the skin care game due to the harmful impact of sun’s harmful UV rays on the biggest organ of your body. Your diet plays a major role in skin health and, thankfully, some foods can benefit your skin just like a visit to a spa center. This post lists six amazing foods that do wonders for your skin.
Thanks to their high water content, cucumbers are one of the most beneficial foods for your skin. Evidence shows that cucumber has a cleansing action within the body and helps eliminate wastes and toxins i.e. they’re perfect for detox. Not just that! Cucumber nourishes skin, gives a soothing effect against irritations and reduces swelling, and it alleviates pain caused by sunburns. Here are different ways to use cucumber for your skin:
- Make a cooling summer bath with 1 slice of cucumber, 2 cups of Epsom salt, and a handful of peppermint leaves
- Use cucumber slices to soothe puffy eyes, the oldest trick in the book
- Make a face toner by blending ½ chopped cucumber, 3 tablespoons of witch hazel, and 2 tablespoons of distilled water. Blend until smooth, pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove solids and pour the toner into a clean bottle
- Blend cucumber with yogurt to make a refreshing face mask
Don’t forget to eat cucumber, particularly now during hot summer days, they’re truly refreshing.
Avocado is incredibly delicious but delivers a wide array of benefits. The fruit is abundant in vitamin K, folate, vitamin C, potassium, vitamins B5, B6 and E, minerals such as manganese, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, as well as powerful antioxidants.
Avocados fit perfectly into your skin healthy detox diet plan due to an antioxidant called glutathione, which is also called a master antioxidant. This antioxidant binds to toxins in your liver before they are excreted, which is important for eliminating them from your body.
What can avocado do for your skin? Here are some clues:
- Eliminates dead skin cells
- Minimizes appearance of signs of aging
- Moisturizes your skin
- Treats sunburn
To get these benefits, you can use avocado as a cleanser by combining ½ fruit with 1 egg yolk and ½ cup of milk. You can make an avocado mask by mixing 1 avocado with 1 egg white and 1 lemon. Of course, don’t forget to include avocado into your diet.
This article is intended for your general knowledge only, Learn More.