Sadly, majority of the populace gets stretch marks. It is true that they cannot be removed completely and only the visible appearance can be reduced. So, wouldn’t it be better if they are stopped from forming. I know that has brought a nice smile on your face. Here are a few techniques to evade stretch marks.
Nurture the skin
The first and the foremost technique to evade stretch marks is to maintain the elasticity of the skin. To attain this, you’ve to give nourishment to your skin from inside or outside of body. These help in sustaining suppleness of the skin all lifelong.
- Drink to dodge the dryness: Water removes the toxins from the body and keeps the skin soft and supple. It also equips the skin with the ability to recuperate from stressful events which is the root cause of stretching. Gulp a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water every day. Herbal tea should be swallowed in place of soft drinks to maintain hydration.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Skin demands all the essential nutrients in the diet to remain in the best form possible i.e., without any blemishes, scars or marks. 5-10 servings of fruits and vegetables furnish the right amount of vitamins and minerals. Watery juices and vegetables aid in replenishing any water lost. This includes watermelon, strawberries, honeydew, and other watery fruits salads filled with cucumbers, fresh bell peppers, and celery. These ensure staying away from foods that eat up into the water level of the body.
- Shea butter or Cocoa Butter: Massage either shea or cocoa butter to the thin-skinned parts of the body like breasts, stomach, hips, and thighs immediately after bathing. Repeat the procedure two times a day. Well- moisturized and nourished body reduces the possibility of developing stretch marks.
- Vitamin E: To optimize the effect of shea or cocoa butter, apply vitamin F to the same areas to which you applied the above Crush a capsule of vitamin E, and spread it evenly on the affected parts. Gently rub down the contents by working your hands in small circular motions.
- Coconut oil: This wonder oil is composed of an array of fatty acids and antioxidants. These ingredients make it well equipped with nutrients that maintain the flexibility of the skin.
A Healthy Lifestyle
Apart from nourishing from inside and outside, a healthy lifestyle is vital in the quest to evade stretch marks.
- Exercise: Exercising maintains the elasticity of the skin by improving body’s circulation. It prevents weight gain which is also one of the reasons of stretch marks. Physical activities facilitate growth and regeneration of cells. New cell formation makes skin healthy.
- Exfoliation: Skin exfoliation holds key to having a luminous skin. It is essential to remove the damaged skin cells to prevent stretchy skin. A loofah is a cheap and effective method to get rid of the parched skin. Homemade preparation can also be employed. This makes the skin absorb moisture to maintain its suppleness.
- See a Dermatologist: If at any point due to any reason you witness any stretch marks developing, do not wait for too long to start the treatment. Some people get relief from home remedies and some don’t. Consult a dermatologist. And start using a stretch marks cream from good and reliable creams like Dermology stretch mark cream, Clarins stretch marks control cream and Apothederm stretch mark cream.
One can always prevent these ugly marks to creep up with some easy-to-do routines. Confer the required weapons to your skin and have a beautiful skin that you will be proud of.
This article is intended for your general knowledge only, Learn More.