A smile makeover requires one or more dental, facial or cosmetic rejuvenation procedures to enhance or restore the beauty of your smile. A smile makeover varies depending on the person’s condition. For instance, some people may choose a perfect smile makeover while others may just prefer minor improvements such as teeth whitening and replacement of tooth fillings with composite.
How Does A Smile Makeover Done?
No matter the reasons for your frustration with your smile, there are plenty of ways to improve your smile through the use of advanced cosmetic dentistry.
- Broken or chipped teeth can be restored, though the treatment depends on the degree of damage. Example of options include porcelain veneers, cosmetic bonding or porcelain crowns.
- Crooked teeth can be aligned with conventional orthodontics or Invisalign braces. Porcelain veneers are also faster solution and are often called as ‘instant orthodontics’. In this case, the primary drawback is that your teeth should be prepped up for veneers.
- Teeth gaps can be corrected to bring out symmetry and balance in your smile. Modern orthodontics can be used to close the gaps by moving the teeth. Porcelain veneers such as da Vince or Lumineers are another good and fast solution. Damon braces, Invisalign braces, lingual braces and the Inman aligner may all be used for closing gaps.
- People with gummy smile can easily be remedied through laser or surgical gum contouring.
- Aside from being unsightly, missing teeth can cause functional problems later on. A smile makeover will do replacement of present restorations or spaces between teeth. Procedures could be a dental bridge, a denture or dental implants.
- If you have frown line, deep smile lines or lips lacking fullness, a combination of dermal filler and Botox treatments can improve all these situations.
- For yellowish or badly stained teeth, a professional teeth whitening or prophyflex cleaning can be done to bring out perfect white teeth.
Smile Makeover Procedures
Smile makeover usually a combination of treatments because it requires a personalized approach to bring out a total transformation. Several aspects of your smile must be addressed with different procedures. Below are some of the most common procedures involved in a smile makeover.
– veneers are effective cosmetic dental treatment because they are very versatile and can be used for various conditions. The porcelain veneer is a thin porcelain shell that looks like natural enamel. It is also stain resistant.
– this procedure is less intensive than other options. The dentist will place composite material on the teeth, bond it in place and harden it using curing light. It can copy the effect of porcelain veneers but does not last long.
– if you do not have any dental procedures done, you can get teeth whitening to brighten up your smile. Because it is only applicable for natural enamel, it is great for those who have not received any dental restorations or enhancements. Results can be dramatic enough that many patients don’t want any further works needed.
– Orthodontic braces aren’t the only solution for perfectly aligned teeth. Invisalign provides an alternative method – it uses a straightening tray to straighten the teeth and results can be achieved between 10 and 14 months on average.
Cost of a Smile Makeover
The cost varies depending on a number of factors. These include the treatment needed, the skills of the dentist, the quality of materials used and the equipment of the clinic.
This article is intended for your general knowledge only, Learn More.