Simple but Healthy Recipes to Cook in a Toaster Oven
Eating the right type of food is very important to your overall health. Since we live in a busy world where people rarely have enough time to prepare meals in their kitchens, fast foods are what most of us tend to survive with. Most of our diets consist of processed foods that are mostly unhealthy. While some of the processed foods taste so sweet when you eat them, they have serious ramifications for your health that could lead to many illnesses.
Cooking healthy food in your kitchen does not need to take a lot of time as you think. There are many simple but healthy recipes out there you can prepare using a toaster oven in as little as fifteen minutes. If you have a family, you will need to get a larger toaster oven to have an easy time cooking these foods.
Healthy Recipes You Can Prepare In Few Minutes
1. Tex-Mex Chicken Quesadillas
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 green onions
- 1 1/2 c. of shredded-Monterey Jack-cheese
- 2 c. of shredded, skinless rotisserie-chicken meat
- 1/4 c. of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 pickled jalapeño Chile
- 3/4 c. of salsa Verde
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. of reduced-fat sour cream
How to Prepare:
- First, you will need to preheat the toaster oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After that, you will need to slice the onions into thin pieces and then reserve two tablespoons of the green tops for garnish.
- Divide the chicken, jalapeno, cheese, and cilantro as well the remaining green onion evenly each side of the tortillas and then fold over the other half.
- Put the quesadillas in one later on a toaster oven tray that is lined with foil and then toast for eight to ten minutes. The tortillas should become golden brown and the cheese should have melted after the ten minutes. You may need to put the quesadillas in the oven in batches to avoid overcrowding it.
- Slice every quesadilla into half and then serve it with salsa Verde. You can add sour cream to the quesadilla if you like and then sprinkle with the green onions you reserved earlier on.
2. Herb Roasted Chicken Tenders
- Servings: 2
- 7 ounces of chicken tenders
- 1/2 teaspoon of herbes de Provence
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
How to Prepare:
- First and foremost, you will need to pre-heat your oven 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Next, you will need to take half of the olive oil and then drizzle it onto the toaster oven tray.
- After that, you will need to season the chicken with salt, herbes de Provence and pepper and then arrange the chicken in one layer on the tray.
- Take the remaining olive and drizzle it over the seasoned chicken.
- Put the chicken into the toaster oven and allow it to bake for about eight to ten minutes or until it is properly cooked through.
- While the chicken continues to cook, stir together the honey and Dijon mustard and then serve the chicken tenders with mustard on the side.
Alternately, you can serve the chicken tenders with an arugula salad or on skewers as an appetizer. To prepare the arugula salad, you will need to take a mixing bowl and then gently toss to coat two cups of baby arugula, two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and two teaspoons of balsamic vinegar. Season the salad with the pepper and fine sea salt to taste.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $63.13Was: $89.99
- Price: $36.17Was: $49.99
- Price: $32.86Was: $39.99
- Price: $34.97Was: $59.99