Breast augmentation is very common today with more and more women seeking to have bigger breasts. For some women, this surgery helps boost their confidence and improve their looks as bigger breasts are considered a feature of beauty. However, one has to be prepared for the breast augmentation surgery before undergoing it. Getting ready for this procedure can be a thrilling but stressful time. Planning in advance before the surgery can help you go through a smoother procedure and a simpler recovery period. Here is some advice on how to prepare for breast augmentation surgery. This, together with your surgeon’s advice will tell you what to expect from the surgery and how to be prepared for it.
Making Personal Preparations
Step 1: Make preparations for somebody to drive you to the hospital and back. You should also arrange for a relative or friend to stay with you during the initial 24 hours following your breast augmentation procedure.
Step 2: In case you have small kids, you might want to make some preparations for them as well. Prepare more food in advance and have abundance of crackers and fluids available. Reduce your responsibilities at home and at work so that you can get some relaxing days to recuperate.
Step 3: Ensure any prescription medicines have been filled up and are conveniently located. Ask your doctor when you can resume exercising, driving a car and having sex.
Step 4: The item list you should bring with you in the surgery day is short. Normally, patients should bring their identification and a tiny bag for carrying paperwork and medications.
Make sure your doctor is aware of any supplements, herbs and medications you are presently taking. For example, certain medicines such as ibuprofen or aspirin can cause bleeding issues during and after the surgery. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully and avoid taking these medications some weeks before your procedure.
1. In case you smoke, it is important that you reduce or even stop smoking before your surgery and for a while afterward. Make sure you talk about this openly with your physician.
2. Avoid alcohol and eat a healthy diet some days before undergoing the surgery.
3. Exercise is normally good for your general health, however, abstain from extremely vigorous work out the day before your surgery.
4. Do not drink or eat anything, including water, later than midnight the night ahead of the surgery.
The night before your surgery, shower and clean your surgical parts with antimicrobial soap.
5. Do not wear any oils, makeup, creams, lotions or moisturizers after your shower. Deodorant should be avoided as well.
6. Remove nail polish from one toenail and fingernail to assist the anesthesia person keep an eye on your blood circulation all through the surgery.
7. The morning of your surgery you might brush your teeth but avoid swallowing over one sip of water. In case your doctor permits you to take any prescription medicine, swallow it using the least amount of water possible.
8. When going for the breast augmentation surgery, wear loose-fitting attire that opens in the front and comfy slip on shoes.