This goes without saying: today’s healthier alternatives abound in food consumption. This is most especially applicable to organic meat selections. Due to this trend, varieties have increased throughout the market. Once you find out of how useful their kind, you would understand why organic meat is here to stay.
Organic Food: How It All Started
Way before fast food and preserved products are placed throughout stores, organic food has always been grown before the 20th century. The trend was emphasized back when the Green Revolution took place in the 1940s. This involves a series of agricultural advancements and alternatives to growing your food selections, in a much healthier way.
The promotion of organic farming took place, and people started sharing about its health benefits. There was a significant difference between naturally growing produce, as opposed to artificially enhancements of crops.
Read Also: Soursop and its Benefits
Paving towards Organic Meat
When any food item is labelled as organic, this adds up a positive association towards most brands. What most people can’t identify is how some products can be quite misleading. Once a set of livestock is raised with the use of chemicals, this lessens the healthy benefits by which meat can provide.
One common industry practice is the use of chemicals. This includes growth hormones and medications to enhance their immunity from diseases. While this does not necessarily decrease the meat’s quality, there have already been artificial enhancements added. This results to a decrease in the natural taste of meat, as well as its nutritional benefits.
Must Read: Organic Foods Everyone Must buy
Organic meat, in contrast, is a form of livestock which avoids the use of artificial antibiotics and growth hormones. To put simply, organic meat has lesser enhancements. Stocks of organic livestock are fed natural food without any additive as well.
The animals are also given access to wide open space outdoors where they can roam freely in a controlled environment. This practice ensures their meat is naturally and most importantly, healthily developed. A lesser production of saturated fat can also result, since unhealthy cells are dispensed by the livestock’s activities.
The Health Advantages of Organic Meat
Taking part of the Green Revolution can provide perks and long-term benefits to the environment. Natural supplies are sustained and the Earth’s resources are used up well.
You can also trust of having a healthier state of mind and body, since enhancements aren’t injected onto your system. Going organic has further advantages. Here are some of them:
You can avoid the harmful effects of artificial enhancers:
One of the most sought after benefit from eating organic food is the avoidance of ingesting additives and artificial enhancers. This chemical can cause health complications to an individual.Some negative health effects of artificial enhancers involve:
- Inhalation and ingestion of poisonous items can affect the eyes and skin.
- Pesticide residues which are found in some vegetable products can cause birth defects, hormonal problems, and cancer.
- Inorganic meat eaters are also prone to animal air borne diseases such as “mad cow” disease.
- Some chicken additives would have small amounts of arsenic ingredients. Short terms effects like abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea are the common ones.
You can start with a healthy lifestyle through natural alternatives
Organic livestock are fed natural grass instead of commercial feed which is healthier than the alternative. Some positive health effects of this can include:
- Taking in Omega-3 fats. This nutrient helps the growth and development of children. For adults, it can help reduce the risk of heart diseases, since the nutrients help in regulating blood pressure and enhancing blood lipids.
- Organic meat also contains conjugated linoleic acid. This nutrient has been shown to reduce the risk of cancer. This, however, doesn’t mean organic foods can directly cure cancer. Organic meat can aid in cancer treatments, as healthier cells are encouraged for regeneration. When your body is healthy, it’s more prone to producing its own set of healthy cells.
Where to Find Your Organic Meat
There are numerous stores and shops which sell organic meat. You can drop your local grocer, butcher, or supermarket to see the varieties you can find. You can also contact organic meat online dealers, as they can deliver your goods, right at your doorstep. To further verify your supplier as an organic dealer you should check for a certification. This can further give you the assurance of purchasing purely organic items.