Many people might wonder why table etiquette is so important. Does it really matter how you dress a table and where eating items go?
– The correct table etiquette helps to create a uniform look. This is especially important if there are lots of people dining at one table.
– Table etiquette helps diners to distinguish which items are used for what.
– If you’re hosting an important dinner, then presentation of food and your table setting can both go to enhance the complete dining experience.
– If you’re out to impress, for instance, in creating a romantic meal or schmoozing business partners, then simple things such as correct table etiquette can go a long way to forming the right impression.
– Because there can be a lot of eating and drinking items at a table, especially for formal dinners, adopting the correct table etiquette creates order for these items. If there was no sense of order, the table could become very chaotic!
– Having the appropriate size of centre piece for the table is crucial. If it is too big, it could obstruct eye contact between diners, which could ruin the dining experience.
The guides in this infographic were sourced by Appliance City