What Is The Diarrhea Disorder?
Diarrhea is a kind of digestive disorders which commonly occurs in a lot of people. It is described by symptoms such as watery stools, and loose. It occurs in the maximum of three days. In some more serious cases, diarrhea could turn to be chronic and usually lasts for more than a month.
Diarrhea and Its Symptoms:
Typically, the disorder is characterized by symptoms, such as bloating, urgency, cramping, nausea, abdominal pain, frequent loose mucus, and watery stools.
In most cases in adults, temporary diarrhea is not a serious problem and does not pose any harmful impact on them. However, sometimes it can be a serious problem in children as their little bodies may have to suffer from diarrhea more heavily and for a longer time. Anyone who has children should pay attention to these symptoms and pay a visit to their doctor right away especially when they see some of these symptoms:
- There is pus or blood in slots
- Children have symptoms of dehydration
- Their stools look tarry and black
- They have serious abdominal and rectal pain
- Diarrhea lasts more than 3 days.
The Reasons Lead To Diarrhea
In most cases, the diarrhea is an osmotic condition and it also is an infectious disease. Bacterial and amoebic are ones of categories of infectious diarrhea in which, the gastrointestinal absorption process is disrupted and water is produced into the bowel by viruses. The impossibility of breaking down gastrointestinal tract and absorbing ingested food results in osmotic diarrhea. In the cases above, in the digestive system, the digested food and fluids pass too quickly; as a consequence, nutrients in foods are not absorbed, waste of products after being digested are not coalesced; this causes loose and watery stools. Bacterial and osmotic conditions are caused due to a lot of factors.
There are a lot of causes of bacterial infection, and they are involved in:
- Parasites: they are caused by Cryptosporidium, Giardia lamblia, and Entamoeba histolytica
- Infections through viruses as herpes simplex, Norwalk virus, viral hepatitis, rotavirus, cytomegalovirus…
- Bacteria that is spread by viruses as Shigella, Salmonella, E.coli, and Campylobacter…
On the other hand, Osmotic is caused by these factors:
- IBD, IBS, and celiac diseases known as digestive disorders.
- People who are using drug, medication, for example, antibiotics, antacids, and blood pressure medications are likely to face with the infectious diseases.
- Therapy with a high dose.
- Specific compound in foods is intolerable
How to Treat Diarrhea?
In many common cases, after about three days, patients will recover from Diarrhea, especially due to an infection. The time of diarrhea lasts is different between children and adults. For the adult, it often lasts for two or four days and in some more serious cases, it lasts more than two weeks. However, for children, it lasts longer, within five days or a week and even more than a week.
If you have diarrhea, you have to experience some symptoms as referred above and how to treat it well in order to avoid becoming more serious.
This article is intended for your general knowledge only, Learn More.