Everybody wants to look younger. No matter how much we talk about growing old gracefully, most of us would instantly jump at the opportunity to look ten years younger again. Everybody deals with the visible signs of aging in different ways. Some people just accept that there is nothing they can do, some people purchase every lotion and potion on the market, others go for a full face lift and others still search for laser wrinkle removal in Newport Beach, Orange County. Either way, all these options may, at least to some degree, help you to look younger.
If you also want to do something to put up a bit of a fight against Father Time, making you look young again, the question becomes which option is best. There are topical treatment and slightly more drastic measures, and opinions are divided on which one works best.
Laser is now being used in just about everything related to the improvement of someone’s outward appearance. They are used to remove unwanted hairs and tattoos, can fix your eyes and can help you tighten your skin, making it look younger. However, although hailed a revolutionary miracle in medical technology, there are some drawbacks associated with it and you must be aware of those before you decide to go for it.
The advantages are quite clear:
- Treatment is delivered by a professional.
- It is less expensive than other types of surgery.
- It is quick and has a very short recovery time.
- It is non-invasive.
- Results can last as long as five years.
The disadvantages also have to be understood, however. These include:
- Adverse skin reactions can take place, including redness, swelling and scarring.
- Some people develop complications, including blisters and infections.
- People can become sensitive if they have repeated treatment.
If you want to have laser treatment completed, you have to have realistic expectations about the results as well. Laser is mainly suitable for fine lines and if you have very deep wrinkles, it is unlikely to be effective. Additionally, although the results can last up to five years, they don’t always last that long and they are never permanent,
A lot of people decide to try various topical treatments before they choose to have laser treatment completed. While this has some benefits, as it is even less invasive and more affordable. However, there are a few downsides to this as well. These include:
- Topical treatments have often been tested on animals, which makes them very unethical.
- Creams, potions and serums are often unregulated. This means that you don’t really know what chemicals you are putting on your skin. Anything you put on your skin will eventually be absorbed into the bloodstream, affecting your internal organs.
- If you use creams for too long and your fine lines become deep wrinkles, you will not be able to turn to laser treatment anymore.
As you can see, whether or not you should choose laser treatment is a decision only you can make.