Features to Consider Before Buying a Treadmill
If you have a fitness goal to achieve and working out every day is one of your top priorities, but time is coming in your way, then nothing could be better than investing in a treadmill at home. But as treadmills are a pretty expensive one-time investment, you need to fasten your belt before paying the bill for one.
Treadmills are the most common fitness gadget we get to avail in the gyms. People frequenting gyms find it economical to use it and achieve their fitness goals. But going to a gym is time-consuming and you need to be a good time-manager to maintain the regularity. But what if you aren’t? a treadmill at home can save you time, and you can still achieve the desired health chart if you get yourself one at home.
But there are numerous types of models available out in the fitness stores, apart from their price tags, they differ in features, functionalities and purpose as well. So before getting yourself one at home, there are some points to ponder, so that you can maximize the benefit of this exclusive fitness gadget.
Here are the basic features and factors, you need to check on:
Budgeting for Your Best Quiet Treadmill
There’s no point in beating around the bushes when you are going to invest in a big purchase. The first step to consider before everything else is how much you can invest for this purpose. You need to remember, the machine itself is expensive and you need to spend a few more bucks on it for its accessories and maintenance cost as well. So first calculate the outer limit as an overall budget, subtract the estimated amount for maintenance and accessories and you are left with the basic digits.
Within that price range, you get a range of products, which can be confusing. So these are the next questions you need to ask yourself.
Do you need it to have running or walking programs?
If yes, then you need to have the following features in place:
- Best Quiet Treadmills that have high speed beginning like 16.09 km per hour for a fast interval exercise.
- The Incline ranging up to 12 degrees only for strength and uphill running and the decline by a minimum of 2 to 3 degrees for running downhill and strength gain.
- The treadmill which comes with a detailed console displaying the distance of running you have completed, along with the speed, pace, and elapsed time would help in achieving your goals faster.
- You need high horsepower motors for this ranging somewhere between 2.5 and 3.0.
- Structure-wise you need a treadmill with longer deck and a conveyor belt that has a length of minimum 58 in or 1.47 m as it needs to support long strides.
- Choose a treadmill depending upon your existing health condition. If you are free from back or joint pains or any sorts of injuries you can preferably go for a firm deck that can simulate your outside walking experience.
- But things would go wrong if you are suffering from any of these issues. In that case, it is better to choose a deck that comes with more cushioning so that it can give your body a relief from the extra stress that you could get from the firmer decks.
Do You Need to Include Weight Loss Training?
If yes, then the features you need to have are the following:
- Look for a treadmill that comes with a built-in heart-rate monitor that can assist you while you are training yourself. These models come with features like handlebar sensors for the perfect grip during a workout session, a fingertip monitor that you clip on your finger, and sometimes a couple of wireless chest straps.
- For this purpose, the model needs to have flexible speed options and can incline as well so that you can choose to increase each of these features. The maximum speed of the treadmill should be 10 mi or 16.09 km per hour with a maximum incline of 10%.
- A console becomes necessary to display all the details of your exercise and metrics of weight loss, like your current speed, calories burnt, the distance you have covered and the remaining and elapsed time.
- To support an interval training and the flexibility of speed, you need a horsepower that starts at 2.0.
If you are exercising at home, you might feel awkward to make a disturbing noise, so you can either go for quiet treadmills or can choose to reduce the noise by following some methods we would discuss later.
Space to Place
Before you go for the shopping, measure the area where you want to place the machine. You can even go for a folding model, to save up space in your home. But it is always better to know in advance how much this feature could add up to the cost of the unit.
Be careful of not making a Frankenstein out of the machine. It would go all wrong if you don’t have full control over the treadmill. The effect could be worse on your health. Check out the controls specifically for the speed variations, incline and decline which should get displayed and be accessible. It should be easy and comfortable for you to access them and use at the perfect timing while walking or running on the deck. See if you can you change the speed and the incline while taking full strides or in a high incline safely. Also, check out if it is wide enough, and have a slip resistant feature in place.
Try it Out Before Buying the Treadmill
It is a mandatory caution that you should never ever buy a treadmill from a place where they don’t give an opportunity to try it out. A treadmill is still a mechanical item that has a line of mechanisms to work in a chain. Even the best quality ones need proper support and service to maintain it through years. Make sure that the place you buy it from provide all these benefits and bring the treasure home that gliding you through the roads of a health and fitness.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
This article is intended for your general knowledge only, Learn More.
Hi, I am Anwesha from Hyderabad. I am glad to be here to share and exchange the tree of knowledge as many ways as possible. I feel writing as the best way to explore, express and enrich myself. The more we read, the more we know, the more we write, the more we grow.