If you’re NOT interested in living a more fulfilling life in which you feel better in general, with more energy while experiencing deep, lasting peace, then raise your hand. I doubt many hands went up. Even at our lowest moments when we are about ready to give up on the concept of things improving in our lives, we still long to taste something sweeter than what we are currently in our daily lives.
Once we muster up the courage to again seek more happiness, it’s difficult to figure out what that magic ingredient is. Is it in a new diet, or wardrobe, a relationship with someone or maybe a change in career or moving to a new place? Well…there is a saying, “wherever you go, there you are”. How many times have we found that to be true?
I would like to look at a few very simple things that anyone can easily add to their lives that individually and collectively will result in desirable change and transformation spiritually, physically and emotionally. These may be familiar practices or possibly unknown to you. What I most value about each one on these daily habits is that they require very little time, but are proven to have profound results. I personally chose activities that I have made a part of my life with beneficial results and would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat.
#1. Try Tongue Scraping
• Both tongue scraping and oil pulling are ancient practices recommended in Ayurvedic Medicine. As foreign as they may sound if this is new to you, they have become as important to me as taking a shower and brushing my teeth. Tongue scrapers are inexpensive and easy to find on line. I think I got mine on Amazon! It’s honestly as simple as it sounds…truly. The health benefit are many, such as:
• Clears toxins & bacteria from the tongue.
• Helps remove coating on the tongue that leads to bad breath.
• Helps eliminate undigested food particles from the tongue.
• Enhances the sense of taste.
• Promotes overall oral & digestive health.
• Gently stimulates the internal organs.