There’s no doubt about it that, with the personal care industry fast reaching is trillion-dollar global market size, a lot of people are making money out of the desires of more women and men to look younger and, as crazy as it may sound, stop aging altogether. Americans spent US $13.5 billion on surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures in 2015 alone, reflecting an estimated US $1.5 billion jump from 2014 spending, that is, according to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
What Your Skin Really Needs
Halle Berry once shared her personal experience being pressured to take the route to Botox and plastic surgery: “When you see everybody around you doing it, you have those moments when you think, To stay alive in this business, do I need to do the same thing? I won’t lie and tell you that those things don’t cross my mind, because somebody is always suggesting it to me. ‘You know, if you just did a little bit of this and that, lift this up, then this would be a little bit better.’”
What you need to know for now is that dark circles are caused by a combination of physiological changes and lifestyle choices that you can well address the same way, with a minimal amount of dollar leaving your savings account. Here’s how:
- Use sunscreen for the eyes. You can get one for less than US $10. This part is ultra-important because this is the part of your anti-dark circles regimen that builds up benefits with regular use. The more you use your sunscreen, the better protected your eye skin will be. That means, melanin production is kept to normal levels and more time for your skin’s natural healing process to work miracles to correct your darkened skin.
- Give yourself a good cover up. Don’t be afraid of makeup. Here are the only four makeup products you will need to get this trick right: a concealer to cancel out the predominant pigment of your dark circles, another concealer in your natural skin tone, a foundation in your skin tone — each costing as low as US $5 — and, a makeup brush set which costs US $10 or less.
First, treat with your eye cream (more on that later). Next, neutralize your dark circles with your tinted concealer. Then, layer with foundation. Lastly, fade any remaining traces of dark pigments with your neutral concealer. Blend the products well by using your brushes.
- Add an eye serum or cream to your routine. Rev up your skin care regimen by adding an eye product to your daytime and nighttime routine. Here are the best ingredients to have in your eye product:
- Melanin-inhibiting ingredients: Kojic acid, licorice extract, and Vitamin C help control pigment production to brighten your eyes while providing antioxidant protection at the same time.
- Moisturizing ingredients: Glycerin, humectants, hyaluronic acid, essential oils, and co-enzyme Q10 will all keep your eye skin from drying out and restore its healthy, dewy appearance.
- Barrier-forming ingredients: Ceramides, collagen, aloe Vera and Vitamin E, support rebuilding and strengthening the surface layer that makes your skin more resistant to damage.
- Circulation enhancing ingredients: Niacinamide, also known as Vitamin B3, and caffeine are ideal, to help flush out leaked fluids and keep your skin well nourished.
- Peptides: Either botanically derived or synthetically formed, these ingredients enhance skin synthesis and promote better coordination between your cells to speed up repairs and regeneration.
Most good quality eye creams, such as the Teamine eye complex, US $57 fo5 0.5 oz., will have all or most of these ingredients infused in their formulas.
- Chemical peel or at home exfoliating devices. Exfoliation is necessary to force a skin turnover fast. You can use DIY peels (good quality glycolic acid peels cost around US $20) or devices such as microdermabrasion kits (good quality available for approximately US $30).
- Shift to a healthier lifestyle. Eating healthier foods, working out, and getting sufficient sleep practically entail no additional costs to your budget and, in fact, keeps more of your dollars inside your pocket when you lose your cigarettes, alcohols, and the cost of clubbing.
Get ready to see improvements on skin around your eyes. We promise you, if you follow these 5 techniques, your eyes will brighten and you will look fantastic — expensive, too — even in your plain tees and jeans. Along with eye creams, there are a lot of other creams in the market which help you to reduce the signs of aging, like the Lamour Skin Cream which helps to reduce the visibility of different skin aging signs like fine lines, wrinkles and even crow’s feet. Care should be taken to do a proper research before purchasing the best cream.
Kelly Everson is a beauty & makeup expert. She has been researching and studying various topics in the beauty segment. She likes to get insights on various trends being followed in the fashion industry. She has been sharing her knowledge by being a contributor to various beauty, fashion and makeup related informative sites. She writes for The Beauty Insiders
This article is intended for your general knowledge only, Learn More.