Generally speaking, women crave for the skin that is perfect, immaculate and clear. But unfortunately, not all women are blessed with flawless and perfect skin. Many have to face the ordeals of imperfections such as acne, acne marks, blemishes, dark pigmentation or age spots as some may call them.
In everyday life, women do what they can to beautify themselves. And what better place to find your skin care treatments than your kitchen or your very own garden. What better way to treat the problems with all natural and organic products from your household?
For Acne / Pimples
- Apply baking soda with water on the face to remove pimples and pimple- marks of the face.
- Baking Soda Mask for Acne: mix into a paste and apply for 15-20mins before rinsing off
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1-2 tbsp tap water
Dark Circles under the eye area / Eye Treatments
- Chop and crush a bunch of mint leaves then apply under the eye circle area and leave for 20 mins and then rinse with tap water. Maybe done 2x a week.
- Brew a cup of chamomile tea or green tea. Allow it to cool then soak 2 circular make up sponges in the tea and squeeze out the excess liquid. Place on eye area and leave for 15mins. This helps in the de-puffing of the eye area . It also relaxes, refreshes, and energizes due to the healing qualities of the tea.
- Peel off mask to satisfy the cravings to pinch out the blackheads: 1 tsp of pudding and 1 tsp milk then heat over low flame on stove top till mixed into paste like consistency then apply. Leave it on till its dry then peel off.
- Place 5 drops of honey on half a slice of lemon then rub the lemon all over the face emphasizing the blackhead prone areas. Leave for 5 mins then rinse.
Lifting / Tightening / Even Out skin tone
- Aloe Vera gel is very good for removing all types of blemishes on the face and giving your clean and perfect skin. You can mix 3-4 vitamin E capsules in aloe vera gel to enhance the efficacy of this treatment.
- Mix basil leaves and lemon juice together to apply on the pigmentation marks.This home remedy can help a lot in treating pigmentation marks.
- Mash raw papaya and mix with raw milk. Massage this mix onto your face to reduce pigmentation marks and all types of blemishes.
- Egg white mask is a simple and frugal way to tighten the skin and lighten skin tone: a mixture of 2-3 egg white. Then whisk it till it’s frothy and apply and leave on for 20 mins then rinse.
- A mixture of 2tbsp plain yoghurt and 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice. Apply the mixture to the face and neck area. Let it dry for 20 to 30mins. You’ll feel the mask tighten on your face and neck which creates a lifting and firming effect. If you want, you may leave the mask on for an hour (the most) for a more lifting effect.