Sick kids, frequent illness, doctor visits, poor health – these are some of the most significant reasons for reduced employee productivity. If you want to get rid of this, want your staffs to be more productive and at the same time, help your employer maintaining good health and reduce healthcare expenses, you can think about promoting a healthcare program. You can work with your health insurance company or any health management organization that independently conducts a healthcare program to design a program that would help your employees to manage their and their family members’ health better. And thus ensure enhancement of your firm’s productivity.
Here are the steps that you can observe to promote a healthcare program for your company’s staffs.
• Contact an insurance representative – At the outset, you need to contact a representative from the health insurance company you work with in order to offer your employees with required health care coverage. Ask him about what types of wellness and condition management programs as well they offer. Most health insurers offer basic health programs for a very little or no cost to the employer. However, if you’re in need of an enhanced program, you may contact an organization that conducts employer-funded medical promotion programs. Some of them even offer access to HIV AIDS treatment programs.
• Ask for analyzing employees’ healthcare and medication claims – Now you ask your chosen health management organization or your medical insurance provider (whichever you prefer) to run an analysis on your employees’ healthcare and medication claims to recognize the medical conditions prevalent among your employees. It would help you evaluate the result of the program implementation and to identify the conditions to take care of. Make sure your chosen program covers up smoking cessation, preventive measures, obesity issues and common conditions like high BP, blood sugar and cardiac diseases.
• Declare an incentive program – Ask your employees that you would incent them for participating in the health program. This will encourage them to be part of the program.
• Promote the program – Promote the heat program amongst your staffs through letters, brochures, and emails. You can hang promotional leaflets and other materials around the office premises. You can post health program information on the Internet and send emails to your employees. You can also hold a voluntary information session with the employees either personally or through conference calls. Highlight program advantages and incentives.
• Arrange health fairs – You may organize medical fairs for the staffs to obtain biometric and health screenings like blood sugar checks, blood pressure checks etc. You can place order for publications from organizations like National Cancer Institute, American Cancer Society and the U.S. Department of Agriculture for handing out during the fairs.
• Keep an eye on worker participation – You’re likely to get reports from your chosen program administrator and these would help you monitor your employees’ participation. Ask the administrator hard and smart to enhance employee participation, alter marketing campaigns, if needed and increase the amount of incentives if pocket permits.
Discussed above are just some of many ways through which you can arrange and promote a healthcare program for your employees and also encourage them to participate in the program. Remember, you must be careful about the insurance provider or independent organization which is supposed to administer the program.